I registered the domain the-web-guy.net and a wildcard SSL cert through 1&1 (www.1and1.com). There are a couple of reasons for this.
- To see what the process and configuration for mutliple SSL (secure socket layer) certifications would look like for one site.
- To generalize the website domain name and push toward a more broad keyword phrase.
- To see what kind of impact switching the primary domain of a website did to Google Search Results.
- To see if how long the domain change would take to recover from if there was loss in search positioning.
- To setup for some future experiments utilizing a three website structure.
- Primary keyword and subject domain. Example: www.the-web-guy.net
- Secondary organization/publisher website. Example: www.endhead.com
- Tertiary Author website. Example: www.bryan-myers.com
It may be a while before I can even start to think about implementing or playing around with some of these concepts and ideas, but atleast the domains are registered. :D