The Web Guy Website Updates
Here is a list of planned for the rest of the month.
- Review process for adding web page during new article process - on going
- Session tracking for logged in user across the entire site.
- Add basic commenting functionality
- Complete outline for writing style guide. - started
- Review previous profile manager prototype and rework to new jQuery / JSON implementation.
- Continue research on click through equity - started
- Update previous black and white versions of svg logos with colored versions.
- Research dynamic image optimization features for upload images.
- Review dynamic XML sitemap for complete listing of pages - looks okay O.o
- Review dynamic XML sitemap for "trickle up" last modified date - completed for articles
- Add bubble up published and modified date for pinned only articles to article manager - completed
- Add bubble up published and modified date to article manager - completed
- Update all listing pages with most current article date. - completed
- Update titles to keyword phrase "the web guy". - completed
- Removal of Google+ sharing links - Google has decided to finally sunset Google+. - completed
- Removal of Pinterest sharing links - Just seems silly for the content. - completed
- Correct issue with breadcrumbs on AMP articles. - completed
- Correct issue with canonical links - completed
- Add Agilent to organizations - completed
- Updated personal community profile - completed
- the-web-guy.net domain purchased through 1&1 (www.1and1.com).
- the-web-guy.net domain configured with an SSL certificate through 1&1.
- Implementation of Google Tag Manager / Google Analytics.
- Implementation of Google Analytics for AMP pages.
- Creation of testing page for "SEO Bryan" and "Bryan SEO".
- Removal of AMP specific XML sitemap.
- Addition of related articles to article detail pages.
- Fixed issue with placing articles in correct article section, category and topic.
- Added new page functionality to article manager.
- Article image selector feature has been added.
- Corrected issue with wrong field being used to display current webpage name in breadcrumbs.
With the holiday season mixed in I am trying to keep my expectations low. :D